Copyright 2011
The Priest Lake Museum Association
Contact Us:
PO Box 44, Coolin, ID 83821
208-443-2676
priestlakemuseum@gmail.com
The Priest Lake Museum
THE PRIEST LAKE MUSEUM
The Priest Lake Museum Association was formed in 1979 by a handful of volunteers to provide visitors and residents with an awareness of the area's rich past. The Luby Bay cabin, constructed in the 1930's by the Civilian Conservation Corp to house Forest Service personnel, was chosen to house the museum, which began the partnership between the U.S. Forest Service and The Priest Lake Museum Association.
In the Museum are vignettes of yesteryear, historic exhibits, and videos of Priest Lake history that include interviews with local pioneers' first-hand accounting of events. Unique books, stationery and souvenirs are for sale.
Directions: From Priest River, travel north on Highway 57 for 26 miles. At Korners Market, turn right onto Luby Bay Road and continue to the junction with the Lakeshore Road. Turn left and proceed ¼ mile to the Museum/Visitor Center sign. If you are hiking the Beach Trail, the museum is ½ mile south of the Luby Bay Campground. Volunteer hosts will greet you at the museum.
Priest Lake Museum Association * 208-443-2676 * 38 Priest Lake Museum Rd, Priest Lake, ID 83856
Welcome to the Priest Lake Museum!
For more information, please visit the museum or contact us at:
Priest Lake Museum Association,
P.O. Box 44,
Coolin ID 83821-0044
Phone during open hours -
(208) 443-2676.
Email - Priestlakemuseum@gmail.com
Property of the Priest Lake Museum. Byron and Kenneth Swanson on Luby Bay beach - circa 1920's
The Priest Lake Museum Association operates under Special Use Permit on the Idaho Panhandle National Forests
The Priest Lake Museum Association is a 501(c-3) non-profit organization. Our financial support comes from memberships, monetary and in-kind donations, and the sale of books, DVDs and other Museum-related items. There is no regular paid staff. The Museum is maintained and operated by volunteers in cooperation with the U.S. Forest Service.
Hours and Dates: The museum is open from Memorial Day weekend through the end of September. Museum hours are 10 to 4 daily, Tuesday through Sunday from mid-June through Labor Day, and 10 to 4 on weekends in early June, and in September after Labor Day. The museum is closed Mondays, except holidays.
For Google Map Directions Click Here